Meet Oral Surgeon Donald Boudreaux, Jr., DDS
Oral Surgeon in New Iberia LA
Dr. Donald Boudreaux, Jr. grew up in his hometown of New Iberia. He graduated from New Iberia Senior High School in 1993. He then attended Louisiana State University and upon completion of his undergraduate degree, relocated to New Orleans to pursue a dental degree. He attended dental school at Louisiana State University, where he graduated towards the top of his class.
Following dental school, he attended the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center to start his medical and residency training. Upon completion of his medical and anesthesia training, an intense year of general surgery at Parkland Memorial Hospital was started. Residency training in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Parkland Memorial Hospital spanned a total of four years and was completed by Dr. Boudreaux in June, 2006. Residency training spanned all aspects of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and included training in facial trauma, cosmetic surgery, anesthesia, corrective jaw surgery, dental implant surgery, as well as dental surgery. By undergoing this extensive training, it provided Dr. Boudreaux with the scope of knowledge to treat all issues relating to the oral cavity and the face.
Dr. Boudreaux travels routinely to continuing education conferences in order to stay abreast of the latest technologies and treatments in the specialty. Continued training in such areas as implant dentistry helps ensure the best care for his patients.
When not at work, Dr. Boudreaux spends time with his wife, Melissa, and his sons Brooks and Bishop. His hobbies include golf, tennis, and spending time in the gym in order to stay physically fit.
- Louisiana State Board of Dental Examiners
- Diplomate of American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
“The Use of Platelet Rich Plasma in Canine Mandibular Defects”
- Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
“In Office Protocol for Management of the Anticoagulated Patient”
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Parkland Memorial Hospital – “Diagnosis & Repair of Traumatic Parotid Ductal Injuries”
- John Peter Smith Hospital – “Mandibular Augmentation Using Alloplastic Materials”
- Parkland Memorial Hospital – “Diagnosis and Management of the Odontogenic Keratocyst”
- Parkland Memorial Hospital – “Surgical Considerations When Placing Zygomatic Implants”
- Parkland Memorial Hospital – “Management of Chronic TMJ Subluxation”
- Parkland Memorial Hospital – “Hemostasis Control During OMS Procedures”
- “Implants & Digital Dentistry – CAD/CAM Design For Encode Abutments”
|Diplomate of American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons||2008 — present|
|American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||2006 — present|
|American College of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons||2006 — present|
|Louisiana Dental Association||2006 — present|
|American Dental Association||2006 — present|
|Acadiana District Dental Association||2006 — present
Vice President 2009
New to Our Office?
- Schedule An Appointment Online
- New Patient Registration Forms
- Dental Insurance Information
- Payment Options
- Get Directions to Our Office
Southern Oral & Facial Surgery
Would definitely go back for future work and recommend him to all. Very pleased. Thanks...............
- Roslyn S
Great place. Very kind
- Dale S
I would highly recommend Dr. Boudreaux and his staff. They are committed to making you feel comfortable and stress free while providing great service. I trust Dr. Boudreaux, his work, and advice. Thank you for a positive experience.
- Kim L
Highly recommend De. Boudreaux @ Southern Oral & Facial Surgery for wisdom teeth removal. My teenage son recently had his wisdom teeth removed and Dr. Boudreaux and his staff made the process very easy from start to finish. As soon as we walked in the door they did everything they could to reduce stress and anxiety not only for the upcoming procedure but also with COVID restrictions in place. We were in and out in the blink of an eye. Dr. Boudreaux even called that evening to personally check on how my son was doing. Recovery was easy and relatively non eventful. Thanks for a wonderful experience.
- Stacie B
Great, friendly staff and wonderful doctor!
- Sydni T