Meet Oral Surgeon Donald Boudreaux, Jr., DDS
Oral Surgeon in Lake Charles, New Iberia & Lafayette LA
Dr. Donald Boudreaux, Jr. grew up in his hometown of New Iberia. He graduated from New Iberia Senior High School in 1993. He then attended Louisiana State University and upon completion of his undergraduate degree, relocated to New Orleans to pursue a dental degree. He attended dental school at Louisiana State University, where he graduated towards the top of his class.
Following dental school, he attended the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center to start his medical and residency training. Upon completion of his medical and anesthesia training, an intense year of general surgery at Parkland Memorial Hospital was started. Residency training in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Parkland Memorial Hospital spanned a total of four years and was completed by Dr. Boudreaux in June, 2006. Residency training spanned all aspects of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and included training in facial trauma, cosmetic surgery, anesthesia, corrective jaw surgery, dental implant surgery, as well as dental surgery. By undergoing this extensive training, it provided Dr. Boudreaux with the scope of knowledge to treat all issues relating to the oral cavity and the face.
Dr. Boudreaux travels routinely to continuing education conferences in order to stay abreast of the latest technologies and treatments in the specialty. Continued training in such areas as implant dentistry helps ensure the best care for his patients.
When not at work, Dr. Boudreaux spends time with his wife, Melissa, and his sons Brooks and Bishop. His hobbies include golf, tennis, and spending time in the gym in order to stay physically fit.
- Louisiana State Board of Dental Examiners
- Diplomate of American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
“The Use of Platelet Rich Plasma in Canine Mandibular Defects”
- Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
“In Office Protocol for Management of the Anticoagulated Patient”
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Parkland Memorial Hospital – “Diagnosis & Repair of Traumatic Parotid Ductal Injuries”
- John Peter Smith Hospital – “Mandibular Augmentation Using Alloplastic Materials”
- Parkland Memorial Hospital – “Diagnosis and Management of the Odontogenic Keratocyst”
- Parkland Memorial Hospital – “Surgical Considerations When Placing Zygomatic Implants”
- Parkland Memorial Hospital – “Management of Chronic TMJ Subluxation”
- Parkland Memorial Hospital – “Hemostasis Control During OMS Procedures”
- “Implants & Digital Dentistry – CAD/CAM Design For Encode Abutments”
|Diplomate of American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons||2008 — present|
|American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||2006 — present|
|American College of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons||2006 — present|
|Louisiana Dental Association||2006 — present|
|American Dental Association||2006 — present|
|Acadiana District Dental Association||2006 — present
Vice President 2009
New to Our Office?
- Schedule An Appointment Online
- New Patient Registration Forms
- Dental Insurance Information
- Payment Options
- Get Directions to Our Office
Southern Oral & Facial Surgery
Dr. Boudreaux and his staff are the best!!! They are very professional, friendly, accommodating, and experienced. They let you know exactly what goes on and will go on. This is my second tooth that needed extracting (first one was in 2014 and then now-2018). After each extraction I also had an implant. They were both well done and successfully with minimal to no pain what so ever! If I ever need an oral surgeon again, I will always to go Dr. Donald and his staff. I also refer others who are in need of oral surgery to Dr. Boudreaux. After each procedure, he has personally called me at the end of the day and check to see how I am doing! He’s the best! Thanks, Dr. Donald and Staff! Y’all are awesome! Keep up the good work ️
- Cherrie L
Very happy with my treatment and care from Dr B’s entire team. Would absolutely recommend him for dental care.
- Beverly B
I like that the doctor called afterwards to check up on me.
- John F